Microneedling Pre + Post Care
- If you have a special event or vacation coming up, please keep in mind that you should schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks in advance.
- If you have a history of cold sores, we recommend you are pretreated with acyclovir prior to your injections. Please let us know if you need a prescription called into your pharmacy.
- Avoid alcohol and cigarettes 24-48 hours before and after your treatment, as these may contribute to increased swelling, bruising, and irritation. Limit caffeine intake.
- It is not recommended to do microneedling if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you develop a cold/flu, cold sore, blemish or rash, etc. in the area to be treated prior to your appointment, we recommend you reschedule your appointment until it resolves.
- We highly recommend a topical vitamin C and A (retinol) to promote skin health. Stop these 5 days prior to microneedling. Resume after skin is healed.
- We recommend waiting at least 2 weeks before and after your microneedling to have any other cosmetic facial treatments, including Botox, dermal filler, laser, ultrasound, peel, facials, microdermabrasion, etc.
- Schedule your next microneedling treatment in 5-6 weeks after your first one. Best results are from a package of treatments..
- Please come to your appointment with NO makeup on AND your hair pulled back with a headband
NUMBING CREAM INSTRUCTIONS
- 60 minutes prior to your appointment time, apply a layer of numbing cream to your entire face, like frosting. Avoid lips but apply up to the lip/skin border. Avoid eyes but apply around eye area. Apply numbing cream up to your hairline, up to ear, and jawline. Please wear your hair pulled back with a headband when you come to your micro-needling treatment. If you have extra numbing cream after applying to your face, you may apply to your neck.
Microneedling Post Care
- Do not apply SPF today.
- Skin will show signs of redness or erythema and will appear similar to a moderate sunburn. You may also have facial swelling, particularly around the eyes, for several days following treatment. This is normal and will subside in 2-4 days.
- Around 3 days post-treatment, skin will be come more pink and there should be less evidence of procedure. Skin may feel slightly tight, dry, and mildly sensitive to touch for 5 days. Flaking can occur on days 5-14 after treatment.
- A typical microneedling course of treatment shows the best results (1 session/month for 4-6 months).
- We recommend waiting 2 weeks after micro needling to have any further facial cosmetic procedures including Botox, dermal fillers, laser treatment, etc.
- You can return to regular skin care and makeup routine 2-3 days after treatment. Please restart your vitamin C, E and A (retinol) after 2 days. We recommend continued use of daily gentle, soothing sunscreen. Tonight, try not to wash your face. Keep the copper lotion on your face.
- You must wear SPF daily for at least 4 weeks.
- Cold packs may be applied to areas of swelling after injections.
- Results from microneedling can take 3+ months due to the collagen timeline. Schedule your next microneedling in 5-6 weeks.
If there are any questions during our business hours of Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm, please call our office (406) 587-4432 ext. 5 to reach a medical assistant.