BBL Forever Bare Pre + Post Care
BBL Forever Bare Hair Removal Pre-Care
- ABSOLUTELY avoid any type of sunburn or suntan for 4 weeks prior to laser treatments. You MUST avoid sun exposure for 4 weeks after laser treatments as well.
- Do not use any self-tanning lotions for 4 weeks prior to treatment. Failure to follow #1 and #2 may result in a burn.
- For the 4-6 weeks prior to your treatment, DO NOT wax, sugar, pluck, have electrolysis, or pull hairs out by the root. You may shave.
- Please shave 1-2 days prior to your hair removal appointment with a sharp razor. It is important to note that red, blonde, grey or white hairs will not be removed with this treatment.
- You do NOT need numbing cream for laser hair procedures.
BBL Forever Bare Hair Removal Post-Care
- Patient response can vary after a hair reduction treatment. Erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) around the hair follicles in the treated area are sometimes noted within a few minutes after the completion of the procedure and typically completely resolve within 24-48 hours. A sunburn sensation in the area treated is also normal and expected.
- The treated area must be treated with care. BE GENTLE! Do not scratch or pick at your skin.
- Until sensitivity has completely subsided, avoid the following:
- Applying make-up over the treated areas
- Use of scented lotions or soaps, deodorants, exfoliant creams (Retin-A, glycolic/salicylic and alpha- hydroxy acids), acne creams or gels, loofah sponges and aggressive scrubbing
- Hot or cold water - wash with tepid water
- Shaving (can use a trimmer but avoid sharp razors)
- Swimming pools and spas with multiple chemicals/chlorine
- Activities that cause excessive perspiration
- A cold compress or an ice pack can be used to provide comfort if the treated area is especially warm. This is typically only needed within the first 12 hours after the treatment.
- Vitamin E or Aloe Vera applied to the treatment area may provide a soothing effect.
- In the unusual case of crusting of the skin in the treated area, apply an antibiotic ointment twice a day to the affected areas. Do not pick at these areas, as this may result in infection or scarring.
- If the skin is broken or a blister appears, apply an antibiotic ointment and contact the office immediately. Keep the affected area moist and avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not use any other hair removal methods or products on the treated area during the course of your laser treatments (tweezing, waxing and depilatories), as it will prevent you from achieving your best results.
- Strictly avoid any sun exposure to the treated area for a minimum of 7 days after the procedure for laser and 14 days after BBL. The treated area is more prone to sunburn and pigmentation change. Keep the area covered and use a sun block with a protection factor of 30+. Delayed blistering secondary to sun exposure has been noted up to 72 hours post treatment.
- Hair may take up to 4 weeks, or in some cases, as little as a few days, to fall out following treatment. Do not be alarmed if hairs appear to be “growing” during this time, as the treated follicles will gradually be exfoliated from the follicle. You may exfoliate 1-2 times/week to help prevent ingrown hairs.
- Subsequent treatments: please schedule your next treatment in 6-8 weeks.
- We recommend waiting 2 weeks after your procedure to have any further facial cosmetic procedures including Botox, dermal fillers, microneedling, etc.
Call the office immediately for any signs of infection:
- drainage (pus)
- increased warmth at or around the treated area
- fever of 101.5 or greater
- extreme itching, hives, or other concerns